Monday, October 21, 2013

Living Water International

"The meaning of life is to find your gift, the purpose of life is to give it away." - Joy J. Golliver 

This past summer, my husband and I went through a series of classes to determine our personal talents, our character strengths, ultimately what our spiritual gifts are. My spiritual gift is compassion, my personality takes on others problems and feels their pain. I always want to help those around me, and I've been able to use these talents daily as a makeup artist. My husbands spiritual gift is leading, he can walk into any room and people are instantly drawn to him. He knows how to get people to do what he says because they trust him. He is a natural born leader and uses his talents daily in his occupation. 

Together, we merge our strengths and balance our weaknesses. Its been on my heart for years that we are destined to do something, maybe multiple things, as husband and wife to improve our world. It's crazy how when you are really listening to God's purpose for your life, things are presented to you out of the blue. 


I'm so excited to say we are planning to take a trip with a group of 18 others to El Salvador in January 2014. We will be working with Living Water International: James will be digging water wells for the community so they can have clean drinking water, while I will be teaching clean water habits/hygiene to the women and children in the community.





Little back story on how we made this decision to go to El Salvador...While I'm a "planner" I tend to be an impulsive person when my heart feels right. When we were approached with this opportunity I said yes instantly. Heck ya I want to talk to women about hygiene and taking care of their health. This is what I was made to do-what I've been wanting to do for some time now. In my mind, if God wants us to go we will go. I'm not in charge of the logistics.  My husband and I were facing a tough week, financially, when we were asked to go. We needed to put down a deposit for around $400 to hold our spots. During that moment it just wasn't a realistic idea, but we kept praying about it. A few weeks went by and all of a sudden $1000 is donated to the trip, and it was given to us! I honestly thought it was a joke. When you have faith God works out the logistics... In any aspect of our lives. It's crazy because I see God work through my blog on a regular basis, and that's why I'm sharing today. I really don't know who reads what I write, but for some reason I keep writing. He always has a plan for our lives, and his plan is always way better than anything we can come up with.


Please keep us in your prayers during this process of planning. Please pray for our safety as we travel and stay in El Salvador. Please pray that we are able to make a difference in peoples lives while we are there, not only by providing them with the tools to have clean water and maintain their health, but showing them God's unconditional love through our actions. 


We are so blessed to be able to figure out what facial cleanser we want to try next, what type of fancy water bottle we want to carry our filtered water in. Can you imagine not having clean water to bathe in, wash your clothes in, or drink whenever you were thirsty? If it is on your heart to financially support what we are doing click here to donate to myself, James, or the entire team. 

Xoxo
Priscilla and James Wright 


*If you choose to support me and I receive more than is necessary for this trip, or for some reason I’m unable to go on this trip, the funds you've donated will be allocated to the support of other members of the same trip. If not fully utilized there, the funds will be placed in the WestGate Church short term missions FUND to be used for other similar trips.  


*Please note that all donations over $250 will be issued a tax deductible receipt. If your donation is under $250 please keep your own record for your tax proposes. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...