Saturday, October 20, 2012

Comfy and Glamorous!

Offer me a day of relaxation at anytime in the week...and I am all there! I'm not sure if it was ingrained in me as a child, but either way my father taught me to love tropical trees and my mother taught me a maxi dress is a staple in your closet. I have come to the conclusion I am definitely my parents daughter. Although I am a fan of glitz and glamour, I will always choose choose to be comfy. So the question is...How do you make comfort, glamorous?

Cotton Spandex Jersey Tube Dress in Imperial Purple {American Apparel}

Take for example, eyelashes. Some styles look heavy, and they feel heavy. It's one of the worst feelings to wear a heavy, plastic band that is forcing you to squint the entire night. The lighter the lash band the better to be comfortable. There are 3 options that are easy to apply and easy to wear... 

1. Individual lashes are great for someone who has never attempted to wear false lashes, may have sensitive eyes, or chooses to wear little makeup during "regular" life. You can add drama to the ends by applying them in a close bunch and slowing spread them out as you get closer to the inside of the eye. 

2. The Half-lash is recommended for those who desire to wear a fuller lash but may not have the desire to go all the way with a full band. This will pick up the ends of the eye and give ya a mini face lift. They are super easy to place on your eyes too! 

3. Want a full lash for more drama?! I am wearing the Audrey's by FAUX in this post. Their is a trick to blending your fake lashes with your real lashes...first curl your lashes and add 1-2 coats of your favorite mascara. Next, curl your false lash at the base before apply a small amount of glue to the band. I like to use an eyelash applicator (mine is from Shu Uemura). Always ensure the band is placed directly on your natural lash line for maximum comfort. Lastly, you can curl your lashes once more and than fluff them with your fingers.
Buxom Full-Bodied Lip Gloss In Yoo Hoo
Lip products come in all sorts of textures and flavors. Some like their gloss sticky and some can't stand it! I prefer a more hydrating gloss, one that will eventually absorb without leaving a film on the inside of my mouth. Here are a few lines I like: For a regular lip gloss try Dior Addict Ultra Shine Gloss collection, they are super shiny and still long wearing. I appreciate lip products that do more than just add color, and if you would like a lip plumper with out the tingle, try Bare Minerals Buxom Full-Bodied Lip Gloss.

Curled ends of hair with a 2" Iron {Hot Tools}
As for a foundation, it depends on your preference in formula and texture. Do you like cream? Liquid? Powder? or Minerals? For a comfortable creamy consistency, try the Benefit Play Stick (oily to normal skin type) or the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (normal to dry skin-type). There are SO many liquids I can tell you about, but lets start off slowly.... The Estee Lauder BB cream offers wonderful coverage with a light weight feeling (and it will do alot more for your skin in the long run), or try Vitalumiere Aqua Utra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup. MAC is sufficient for a foundation powder, with plenty of color options to choose from! Minerals are a girls second best friend...and if you like them in a loose formula I will always recommend Bare Escentuals. Yep, it's not a powder. It's creamy once you buff it into the skin (the coverage all depends on the brush.)

Once you start playing around with new products you will find makeup can be comfortable, and simplicity is always best! Enhance your natural beauty ladies-don't cover it up!

XOXO
Priscilla Francine 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...