Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An "Exhibit" of My Own

This is the second photoshoot where photographer, Ashley Batz and I partnered with JE Model Management. We had the pleasure of meeting Emmalee Froenlich  this past week! Her own personal style reflects the trends of the 70's and she had the best eyebrows!!

Photographers Kim A. Thomas and Ashley picked out a few favorite pieces from Madewell-while I styled accessories, hair, and makeup. Special thanks to FAUX Lash for completing Emmalee's look with the oh-so fluttery Sasha lashes. SERIOUSLY. THEY ARE STUNNING!

FAUX Lash-Sasha

To achieve this hair style: curl small sections of the hair like this and use LOTS of hairspray. Pull all the hair up to the top of the head and tie with a hair band. Pull the pony tail tight! Braid a small section of the pony tail, and wrap it around the band to cover it (use a bobby pin to secure in the back). To soften the curls, and add more volume...tease the top and middle of the pony tail (in small sections). Set the look with hair spray.

Flutterfall Skirt by Madewell

I have been dreaming of using Exhibit-A blush, by NARS, for months! Ever since I saw the Thakoon Fashion Show-finally I got to paint a face with it!! It is a verrry pigmented product, so if you would prefer a lighter version of this hue, use a loosely bound blush brush. Always ensure your blush and lips coincide with their undertones. Exhibit-A, has a red/orange undertone that pairs perfectly with Laura Mercier's Sunrise Lip Colour (Also seen here).

Creme Lip Colour in Sunrise by Laura Mercier

Normally I would opt for a lighter eye, since the blush and lips are so bold. Yet, something vibrant on the eye was the only thing that seemed right. NARS Matte Eyeshadow in Outremer captivates my eyes! I wanted the color to show it's true strength, so I used MACs paint pot in painterly as my base, and simply pressed the shadow onto the lid. I stopped as I reached the crease, and used a pony tail brush to soften the edges.

Lily Lace Dress by Madewell

What is your favorite product I used on Emmalee?

XOXO
Priscilla

2 comments:

la petite fashionista said...

saw your tutorial over @ Glitter Guide. love your make-up, so gorgeous. keep up the good work!

Dallas Shaw said...

I really like this look- esp with that hair. perfect


dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...