Friday, December 3, 2010

Blue Trees

Often times I tell my husband, "We need to stop and smell the roses babe..." I feel like life can get so routine and so hectic that we don't have time to take a deep breath and really enjoy the air. I love the smell of trees in the morning, damp with the morning dew. There is something so magical about this aroma, maybe because it reminds me of camping as a child or that one week every summer I spent at Hume Lake. Whatever the case, nature rejuvenates my soul. My husband and I spent the other day in Santa Cruz chopping down our Christmas Tree. So for this adventure, I decided to dig deep into my makeup box, and use the most vibrant blue eyeshadow I could find. I was inspired by earth. I intensified the hue by dipping my brush into some water first...I than patted the shadow in it's dry form over the wet pigment to increase it's depth. I blended my crease with MAC's Club eyeshadow. This is a favorite of mine, it's color adjusts to whatever you use it with; it goes great with greens, browns, silvers, or like I used-blues! I tried out my new YSL Automatic Eyeliner in black...and topped it off with YSL's Volume Effect Faux Cils Noir Radical Mascara.





What rejuvenates your soul?

3 comments:

Taylor Sterling said...

I love it! i could never get away with it, but on you babe it looks fab! How fun you guys went and cut down your own tree!!

Danielle Moss said...

Gorgeous!! And I love that you cut down your own tree. Must have been so fun!

As far as tree toppers, I don't have one either! I usually don't get a very large tree (maybe 5 feet?) and have this vintage glittery star that I have sort of leaned up there. If I find anything I'll let you know!

Priscilla Francine Makeup said...

Blue would be perfect on you! Maybe just as a liner?! Try it! Yes, it was very fun. We are trying to create traditions together :)

I know, I have the tree decorated without a topper..I was thinking maybe a bow for now...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...