Monday, November 1, 2010

Cozy up with a Good Book...

When I am enticed by a good book, I have to finish it before I put it down. I love reading books written by women entrepreneurs who have changed the cosmetic and skincare industry. Whether you use it as a guide for your life, or a coffee book decoration, put one of these books on your Christmas wish list this year. Recommended Resource: If you are an aspiring entrepreneur, Guide to Career Education is a great place to find schools that offer a balanced mix of beauty and business classes.

Must Have Educational Book:
Kate Somerville, Complexion Perfection! $27.95

Kate Somerville is a leader in the skincare industry, and known for developing the Skin Health Pyramid. She is personally responsible for the glowing complexions of some of the most photographed faces in the world. Jessica Alba, Paris Hilton, Sandra Oh and Debra Messing all depend on Kate for healthy skin and ageless beauty. When I first found this book, I couldn't put it down. I had to keep reading, I was so intrigued, she writes on more than just skincare, she links diet and exercise to healthy glowing skin. Most other books that are so "doctor like" seem to loose my attention, however Kate Sommerville answers all my skin concerns in a reader friendly book. After I felt motivated to try her recommendations!




Must Have Tutorial Book:
Bobbi's Greatest Hits, Makeup Manual $32

Bobbi Brown earned a B.F.A in theatrical makeup at Boston's Emerson College. She began her career in New York as a free lance artist, while her big breakthrough was her first American Vogue cover. The image was shot by famed photographer Patrick Demarchelier and featured the soon-to-be-supermodel Naomi Campbell. She believes women should have a no-makeup look, and decided to create her own line of cosmetics to give women what they really wanted. Bobbi also supports the "Dress for Success" cause, which I think is pretty neat. I relate to her views, makeup can empower a woman and being part of her " ah-HA!" experience of realizing how important she really is, feels so amazing.



Happy Reading!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...